Study MBBS In Carribean, Study in Mbbs In Carribean, MBBS Admission In Carribean, Direct Admission In Top Universities In Carribean, Top Medical Universities Mbbs In Carribean, LOW TUITION FEE, ADMISSIONS OPEN FOR 2017-2018, Study Abroad, MBBS Abroad, Study MBBS Abroad
- Location: Jordan Dr, Sint Maarten
- Name: American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
- Tuition Fees: Rs. 1.2cr Lacs.
- Duration: 5 Years.
- Application Deadline: 10th August and 15th December.
- Departure: 14th September and 8th January
- MCI Status: Approved (List of MCI Approved Universities)
- Basic Science Tuition: $20,250/semester
- Clinical Science Tuition:$22,650/semester
- USA Clinical Rotations: Yes
- Time required for MD: 4 Years
- Year Founded: 1978
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
College Brief :
Founded in 1978, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) is one of the oldest medical schools in the Caribbean. Dedicated to developing physicians with a lifelong commitment to patient-centered care, AUC embraces collaboration, inclusion, and community service. With a campus in St. Maarten, affiliated teaching hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom, and internationally-recognized faculty, AUC has a diverse medical education program for today’s globally-minded physician. More than 6,000 graduates of AUC are providing care around the world.
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine joined DeVry Education Group in 2011.
The following points of pride attest to the quality of our medical education program.
- We have more than 6,000 alumni who are practicing in all 50 US states, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.
- Our students consistently achieve high performance on national licensing exams.
- AUC graduates regularly compete for and obtain residency positions at prestigious healthcare institutions and academic medical centers, with many in leadership positions.
AUC MEDICAL SCHOOL WELCOME MESSAGE
The journey to becoming a physician begins with a solid foundation in the medical sciences within a community of like-minded, driven teachers and students. At AUC, a carefully designed Medical Sciences curriculum provides students with the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully progress through the clinical phase of medical education.
The Medical Sciences faculty in St. Maarten is comprised of an exceptional group of professors and scholars who are dedicated to teaching and preparing aspiring physicians to not only pass their USMLE Step 1 and 2, but to prepare them for clinical rotations.
AUC has clinical sites in the US and the UK, all offering the same basic clinical experience. Once core rotations in Internal Medicine, Ob/Gyn, Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Surgery are complete, students may take elective rotations in a wide array of clinical disciplines.
We welcome aspiring doctors as they begin their journey into medical education – these driven and determined individuals will receive the training required to become the next generation of globally-minded, hardworking doctors dedicated to extraordinary patient care.
Our Accreditation and Approvals
AUC’s medical school facilities and curriculum are accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM), which is the accreditor used by the country of St. Maarten.
The United States Department of Education, via the National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (NCFMEA), reviews the standards that countries use to accredit medical schools. The NCFMEA has determined that the ACCM’s accreditation standards are comparable to those used by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), the accrediting body that accredits medical education programs in the United States.
Because of approval from the NCFMEA, AUC students may qualify for and access the U.S. Federal Financial Aid program.
New York, California, and Florida require institutional review and state approval, or licensure, prior to the conduct of clinical clerkships. Approval by the Medical Board of California is also necessary for physician licensure in that state. Many other states defer to California’s approval for the purpose of licensure.
International Medical Education Listing
AUC is listed in the International Medical Education Directory published online by the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education Research (FAIMER). AUC students are therefore eligible to take all of the United States Medical License Examinations (USMLE) by registering with the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and are eligible to apply for licensure in all states in the United States.
Advantage of Studying in AUC
At AUC, students can take full advantage of:
- A curriculum modeled after US-based medical schools
- Preparation for the United States Medical Licensing Examinations® (USMLE) Steps 1 and 2
- A culturally diverse campus 150 miles east of Puerto Rico, complete with high tech research labs, contemporary lecture halls and web-based learning applications
- Clinical rotations offered at affiliated hospitals in the US and the UK
- Participation in the National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP)
- A new high-tech medical education building (includes anatomy lab, clinical skills training lab, simulation center and 400-seat auditorium)
AUC participates in the US Federal Direct Loan Program.
There are nearly 6,000 medical graduates from AUC, who practice medicine throughout the US and Canada and beyond in private practices, universities, government agencies, and managed care facilities.
COST OF STUDY – MBBS in USA Fees Structure
The overall cost to study MBBS in USA is mentioned in the table given below in USD:
|Medical Sciences* Semesters 1-5/per semester||Clinical Sciences Semesters 6-9/per semester||Clinical Sciences Semesters 9.5/per semester|
|Tuition per semester Flat Rate: 10-21 credits||$20,960||$23,450||$11,725|
|Student Government Association Fee per semester||$35||$0||$0|
|Health Insurance Fee per semester Price includes an administration charge.||$359||$695|
|Dorm Charge if applicable||Single||$5,400|
|Malpractice Insurance 6th-9.5th semester||$0||$300||$300|
|Educational Resource Fee||$250||$250||$250|
|Total Charges||$26,204 – $27,004||$24,695||$12,970|
The Scholarship is based on your merit of 12th Marks in PCB and generally, it gets depleted with the initial 15 applications. However, one should try their best to be an early applicant to ensure Scholarship approval.
Payment Schedule to study MBBS in USA
- The tuition fees will now be required to be paid on annual basis for the first 3 years program.
- During Clinical Rotation, you would be allowed to pay the fees in 5 installments.
- The expenses for returning to India during vacation period would be at your cost separately. Generally, the route taken on your vacation return path is with Transit Visa through Paris / London so as to get more stamps on your passport helping you get B1 Visa during Clinical Rotation .
Medical Program in USA after completion of MBBS in India
Till March, 2016 the Indian students completing MBBS in India used to give USMLE-1 exam which is an On-Line exam. However, the success ratio was low due to USMLE designed program is completely different than Indian MBBS. The alternative route was provided by us to the Indian doctors.
However, from April, 2016, the Government of India came out with its latest regulation to not to issue NORI (No Obligation to return to India) required for Indian MBBS students. Accordingly, it is advisable for the students to pursue the program right from Bachelor level in USA to ensure that you make your medical career in USA!