Study MBBS In Carribean, Study in Mbbs In Carribean, MBBS Admission In Carribean, Direct Admission In Top Universities In Carribean, Top Medical Universities Mbbs In Carribean, LOW TUITION FEE, ADMISSIONS OPEN FOR 2017-2018, Study Abroad, MBBS Abroad, Study MBBS Abroad
- Location: Grenada
- Name:St. George’s University School of Medicine
- Tuition Fees: Rs. 60 Lacs.
- Duration: 5 Years.
- Application Deadline: 15th June and 15th November.
- Departure: 14th September and 8th January
- MCI Status: Approved (List of MCI Approved Universities)
- Basic Science Tuition: Terms 1, 2= $26,725,Term 3= $9,833,Term 4= $26,725Term,5 = $29,516 $6,250/semester
- Clinical Science Tuition: Terms 1–5 = $26,977
- USA Clinical Rotations: Yes
- Time required for MD: 4 Years
- Year Founded: 1976
- Email : email@example.com
College Brief :
St. George’s University is an international institution of higher education founded in Grenada, West Indies, in 1976 as an independent School of Medicine, the first private medical school in the Caribbean region. In the years since, the University broadened its mission to offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in veterinary medicine, public health, science, business, and liberal studies and now draws students and faculty from 140 countries to its 52 academic programs. These programs are marked by a strong network of affiliations with educational institutions worldwide, including in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and Ireland.
St. George’s has been honored with numerous accreditations and approvals from international institutions and governing bodies including, in 2011, accreditation from the AVMA Council on Education for its School of Veterinary Medicine, and in 2010, from the Council on Education for Public Health for its program in public health. Its School of Medicine is perhaps the most studied medical program of any in the world.
Over 11,000 St. George’s MD graduates have practiced in every US state and over 50 countries in every medical specialty and subspecialty around the globe. “One Health, One Medicine,” the concept of collaboration between scientists, physicians, and veterinarians, is integral to St. George’s and a key driver of the University’s mission.
The Success of St. George’s Graduates is Indisputable
St. George’s School of Medicine graduates excel in all qualifying examinations. In 2012, the overall first-time pass rate on the USMLE Step 1 for St. George’s students was 97%, marking the fourth consecutive year that SGU’s overall first-time pass rate on the examination surpassed 90%. These students have come to SGU from 37 countries, with Canadian students achieving an impressive 100 percent pass rate. St. George’s 2012 performance on USMLE Step 1 was an improvement on the outstanding results from 2011, a year in which SGU first-time test takers achieved a pass rate of 95% overall and 96% among those from the US and Canada. By contrast, the first-time taker pass rate for students at US and Canadian schools was 94% in 2011 and 96% in 2012, according to the USMLE website.
According to a report in the February 2015 Academic Medicine, Grenada has the highest 10-year average pass rate on USMLE Step 1 of any country in the Caribbean
St. George’s University often places students into prestigious and diverse US residencies every year and they are often matched in the positions of their choice, including sought-after residencies such as surgery, radiology, orthopedics, neurology, and emergency medicine
The Medical Program at St. George’s University
The majority of North American MD students at St. George’s University enter with a baccalaureate degree, required premedical sciences, and scores from the Medical Sciences Admission Test. These students generally complete the requirements for the MD degree after four calendar years of successful academic progress. Students from other systems of education may enter into one of three premedical years at St. George’s, provided they meet the admissions requirements
Most medical students will begin their study on Grenada’s True Blue campus. However, the Keith B. Taylor Global Scholars Program provides North American students with an opportunity to spend the first year of the four-year medical program in Newcastle, United Kingdom, on the Northumbria University campus. Immersed in the UK culture, students follow a program identical to the first-year program offered in Grenada, further encouraging their international experience. In the final two years, students complete their clinical training in one of the affiliated centers in the United States or the United Kingdom.
The clinical sciences take place in the final two years. Students are placed at one of over 70 clinical centers and affiliated hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom, all of which are done on services with approved postgraduate training programs.
Spartan Health and Science University is onepare yw universsoealth and Science U 85% for USMLE 1 exam.
Reviewed and Accredited
The Doctor of Medicine (MD) program at St. George’s University School of Medicine has been accredited and/or approved by many external bodies.
It is approved by New York, New Jersey, Florida, and California, which require separate recognition to conduct a clinical program.
It is accredited by The Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP), one of only three existing private medical schools to have this accreditation. CAAM-HP is recognized by the General Medical Council of the UK and by the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)/Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER). After 2023, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) will issue an ECFMG certification only for degrees obtained from a medical school with an accreditation recognized by the WFME.
SGU’s Master of Public Health (MPH) program is accredited by the US Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
US AND UK COHESIVE CLINICAL TRAINING
Clinical training is conducted at more than 70 affiliated hospitals and clinical centers in the US and UK, all of which are done on services with approved postgraduate training programs. SGU faculty, program directors, and directors of medical education at each training site ensure a seamless and structured clinical learning experience.
Advantage For Studying In St George University
- George’s University, School of Medicine is the Oldest and the Top ranked Offshore Medical School.
- George’s University was established in 1976 at Grenada and is Chartered by the Government of Grenada.
- SGU has almost 400 Basic Sciences faculty at the True Blue campus in Grenada, and over1,600 clinical faculty at the School of Medicine’s over 70 affiliated hospitals and clinical centers in the United States, Canada, Grenada and the United Kingdom .
- George’s University has over 15,000 graduates in medicine, veterinary medicine, public health, and other professions and disciplines .
- SGU graduates are pursuing professions or further education in over 50 countries around the world SGU has contributed over 12,000 physicians to the global physician workforce, with students and graduates from over 140 countries. They have practiced in every state in the United States, as well as in more than 50 countries, including in Canada and the United Kingdom..
- SGU’s USMLE first-time takers registered a 96 percent pass rate in 2014, including a 97 percent pass rate for students from the United States and Canada. The nearly 1,100 SGU students taking the exam for the first time hailed from 38 countries over six continents.
- 1 provider of doctors into first-year US residencies for the last five years combined. More than 830 US residency placements in 2015.
- SGU has put more doctors into the US health care system than two-thirds of US medical schools.
- SGU is approved by the state medical boards of all 50 states in USA which means SGU students can pursue their Clinical rotations and Residency program in all the 50 states.
- SGU is accredited by CAAM-HP, Approved and Listed with MCI, WHO, WDOMS, ECFM and FAIMER IMED – USA, MCC – Canada, GMC – UK, etc.
- SGU is affiliated with over 70 accredited Teaching hospitals in USA, Canada, UK, etc.
- Affiliated with Northumbria University, UK for students to pursue the Pre Medicine and MD Year 1 in UK (Optional) enriching Global exposure to the students.
- Opportunity to earn a scholarship of up to USD 90,000 for international students through Keith B Taylor Global Scholarship program, Global Medicine Scholarship and many other programs.
- SGU also offers the Common Wealth Scholarship for 30 Students every year across different program, which makes them eligible for a FULL TUITION FEE WAIVER.
- On Campus and Off Campus housing facilities with all amenities.
- Dr C V Rao from India, one of the founding faculty members serves as the Dean of Students and overseas the academic and personal assistance provided by the University..
Training Hospital Tie ups:
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, California
- Larkin Community Hospital, Florida
- Hackensack University Medical Center, New Jersey
- Jersey City Medical Center, New Jersey
- The Brooklyn Hospital Center, New York
- Coney Island Hospital, New York and Many more..
Payment Schedule to study MBBS in USA
- The tuition fees will now be required to be paid on annual basis for the first 3 years program.
- During Clinical Rotation, you would be allowed to pay the fees in 5 installments.
- The expenses for returning rassport helping you get B1 Visa during Clinical Rotation .
Medical Program in USA after completion of MBBS in India
Till March, 2016 the Indian students exam. Hoo y different than Indian MBBS. The alternative route was pthe Indian doctors.
However, from April, 2016, thwith its lat NORI (No Oblarogram USA to ensure tyour medical career in USA!
[contact-form-7 id=”411″ title=”Contact form 1″]