Direct Admission in Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar
Medical entrance exam is one of the toughest exams in India. Every year many students from science background fight for admission in top medical colleges of India. Many students keep on preparing for two or three years to get admission in medical college without making it a successful attempt. But, here we are giving opportunity to all medical aspirants to fulfill their dreams. We are providing direct admission in Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar through management/NRI seats. So, don’t miss the chance to apply for admission in top medical college of India.
About Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar
The college is a pioneer by Sri Devaraj Urs Educational Trust which was founded in 1986 and it was transformed into deemed to be university in 2007. Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar is one of the top medical college in Bangalore, which imparts quality education to students, so that, they can be responsible doctors of the society. The college is located in Tamaka Village, Kolar which is 75 km away from banglore city. The college has the best pedagogy in the state and meets all the requirements of a good medical college.
Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar is a constituent body of Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher education And Research which comes under the Sri Devaraj Urs Educational Trust for Backward Classes, Kolar and is recognised by Medical Council of India. The campus is spread in 85,000. which have different building for every departments and the college is accredited by NAAC India. The college offers graduate, post graduate and post graduate diploma courses and the college is very active in social works. Every year, the college conducts free medical checkup camps at taluk levels in villages or remote areas. This is the environment of the campus to make the students, to grow in such a way that they cater the need of society as well as their profession.
Why to Take Direct Admission in Sri Devaraj Medical College, Kolar
- CAMPUS AND FACILITIES- The campus is spread in 100 acres and is surrounded by lush green trees and garden. The campus has cafeteria for student relaxation and appetite. Library with all the latest edition and volumes of different references. The college is equipped with the state of art laboratory. The campus of Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar is enriching for student growth and development.
- STUDENT ACTIVITIES AND EXTRA CO-CURRICULAR- Students of Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College are very active and passionate. To keep students refreshed and passionate about their profession many recreational activities are done in campus. Many cultural and sports activities are conducted for the students. Many students represent their journal and paper in different competition and meets.
- ALUMNI MEET- Every year our passout students who are well settled in their professions guide our current students about future prospects of their career. These meets are conducted by the college authorities to make the environment for our students friendly, so that, they can be clear about what must be their next step for their career growth.
This is the campus life and academics of Sri Devaraj medical college. So, apply now for the 2017 admissions in Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar.
Courses Offered at Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S)- This is an undergraduate course comprising of five years including one year internship. The courses is divided three phase and they are- Phase I – 12 months with pre-clinical subjects like Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry, Phase II – 18 Months with subjects like Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Phase III-Part-I – 12 Months with subjects like ENT, Ophthalmology and Community Medicine and Phase III-Part-II – 12 Months with subjects like Paediatrics, Medicine, Surgery (including Orthopaedics) and Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D)- It is a postgraduate degree which includes subjects like Medicine, Pediatrics, Radio-Diagnosis, Dermatology, Anesthesiology, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Biochemistry.
- Master of Surgery (M.S)- It is a postgraduate degree with subjects like Surgery, Orthopedics, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Otorhinolaryngology and Ophthalmology.
- P.G. Diploma- Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College provides P.G Diploma in different subjects like Anesthesiology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, ENT, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, and Radio-Diagnosis.
- Ph.D in Biochemistry.
- Ph.D in Microbiology.
Eligibility for MBBS
There are criteria which has to be fulfilled by every student to get direct admission in MBBS. These criterias are eligibilities to get direct admission in one of the top medical institutes of India. They are-
- The students must have passed ‘10+2’ with matriculation degree in biology, physics, chemistry and english.
- For general category students, marks scored in biology, physics, chemistry should be 50% or above and for reserved it should be 40% or above.
- Candidate must be NEET Qualified.
For further details on direct admission in Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar, you may contact us and we will help you with admission process.
Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research(SDUAHER) comprising Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College is a Deemed to be University. It is a member university of the Era Foundation. The medical institution has a unique distinction of accreditation by NAAC India and certification by ISO 9001-2000 and maintains a high standard in teaching learning evaluation process and the institution has become a byword for quality medical institution. All the courses offered in the University are prescribed by, and also the curriculum is set by Medical Council of India.
SDUAHER invites applications for admission to the Postgraduate courses for the academic year 2017-18. The courses available are various specialisations of the MD, MS and Diploma programmes. The admission is through the Uni-GAUGE PGMD (Postgraduate Medical Dental) Examination 2017 conducted online by the Era Foundation on January 17th, 2017 (tentative). The applications are available online on the University website.
The postgraduate course involves payment of a monthly stipend of Rs. 25,000 by the University. It also requires all postgraduate students to compulsorily serve this institution for a period of one year after successful completion of the course.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Online & Offline Both
START DATE – END DATE
22nd Feb, 2018 – 16th Mar, 2018
MD , MS & PG Diploma in Medical
|Issue of application forms (available on the website)||22nd Feb, 2018|
|Last date for receipt of duly filled applications by Post/ in Person||16th Mar, 2018|
|Announcement of Rank List and counselling details||24th Mar, 2018|
|Physical Counselling and Seat Selection process at the University||05th Apr, 2018|
MD , MS & PG Diploma in MedicalFor Indian nationals: You should meet all requirements stipulated by the Medical Council of India. You should have successfully passed your MBBS – qualifying examination by an institute recognised by MCI, and must have completed your internship by April 30th, 2017 (tentative).
You should have obtained registration with the Medical Council of India, or any of the State Medical Council(s) on acquiring MBBS degree.
You should have secured a minimum of 50% for general category and 45% for SC/ST category in your MBBS degree.
For Indian Nationals with Foreign University Degrees: You should have completed MBBS and should be eligible as per provisions of IMC Act 1956(as amended) and Screening Test Regulations 2002. You should also be registered by Medical Council of India.
For Foreign Nationals: You should be a duly registered medical practitioner, with the concerned authority, in your own country from where you have obtained your basic medical qualification.
How to apply?
MD , MS & PG Diploma in MedicalFor Uni-GAUGE PGMD Exam:
Step1: You will first need to register for Uni-GAUGE PGMD at its official website with the necessary details.
Step2: Select a Unique ID Proof that you will be using throughout the application process and upload the same on the Application.
Step3: Upload the photo in JPEG format which should be should be less than 80 kb and should be of 30mm x 45mm dimension and the signature in less than 80 kb with 35 x 80 mm dimensions.
Step 4: Select the test city from the available list of cities.
Step 5: Pay the application Fee: Rs. 2500 either
- online through Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card
- offline through Bank Challan at any branch of Axis Bank and uploading a scanned copy of the same on the Application Form
Step 6: Ensure that Online Application Form is filled properly with all complete details. Click on “SAVE” button and re- verify all the particulars in application form before clicking on SUBMIT button.
For Admission to the University:
You have to apply separately to the university along with the downloaded Uni-GAUGE test scorecard and the prescribed documents.
You can obtain the Application only from the University website.
Take a print out of the Application form. Fill in the form with the necessary details.
Attach a copy of the Demand Draft for the purpose of Application fee of Rs. 500 drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education & Research, Kolar” payable at Kolar. Write your name and Application number at the back of the DD.
Enclosures to be attached:
- Copy of identity proof or date of birth certificate duly attested by Gazetted officer.
- Copy of graduation certificate and marks sheets
- Category and Income certificate (if applicable).
- 5 copies of identical colour photographs. You should mention the Application number on the back side of the photograph.
- Copy of Demand Draft for the Application Fee
You should use an A4 size envelope to send the Application and super scribe the envelope at the top with “Online Application form for Admission to Post Graduate Medical Degree / Diploma courses 2017-18”.
Send the duly filled in application form along with the necessary enclosures by speed post or in person on or before March 16th, 2017 (tentative) before 5.30 pm to the following address:
The Registrar, (P.G. Admission Cell),
Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education & Research, Tamaka,
Kolar-563101, Karnataka, India
MD , MS & PG Diploma in MedicalYou will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in the Uni-GAUGE PGMD Examination which will be conducted online. It is conducted at an all-India level across 67 centres.
The exam will be for 3 hours. It will consist of 180 multiple choice questions. It consists of two sections. Section 1 will have 120 questions as Direct MCQ and Section 2 with 60 questions as Clinical vignettes linked MCQs. Every question carries one mark and there will be no negative marking for a wrong answer. The mock tests for the exam are also available on the Uni-GAUGE website.
You must secure a minimum of 50% marks in the Examination for General category and 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC category.
The reservation criteria will be as per the norms prescribed by the Government of India.
One seat, either in the subjects of Anatomy or Forensic Medicine, will be reserved for Government Quota