MBA Admission in MIT Pune
Management education in recent years has moved beyond classrooms in line with industry and macroeconomic requirements. Management aspirants are also venturing to explore opportunities in upcoming streams beyond the essential fundamental ones. Crux of the Management is effective utilization of Resources aiming at achievement of the set goal. In recent years, there is a great demand for industry specific skill sets. This has led to emergence of Management Programmes which are in line with dynamic industry demands which promise a good future for students to pursue their dream and ambitions. This MBA programme is specifically designed for all Management aspirant looking for employment as well as budding Entrepreneurs. This two year full time MBA programme by MIT WPU is based on a unique Programme structure, Unique WPU method of Learning, Projects, Experiential Learning, Hands on Training, Internships and study tour etc.. Programme offers specializations in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Operations, Information Technology, Entrepreneurship Development and International Business. Opportunities through campus placements as well as various Entrepreneurship Development programmes shall be the significant outcomes of this MIT WPU MBA programme
Why to Choose MBA?
“Today you have to run faster to stay in the same place” —-Phillip Kotler
This quote by Phillip Kotler; one of the most influential management thinkers in the history aptly exemplifies the dynamism and complexity in every sphere of human life including the Business Environment. With significant increase in international trade and revolution in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) the world has become a Global Village in true sense. On this background effective utilization of Resources (Human, Financial, Natural etc.) which is nothing but Management has got paramount significance! Management techniques are also undergoing a change at a very fast speed. India herself is now among the consistent and fast growing top economies of the world. Almost all the foreign MNCs are present in India and many Indian MNCs have significant businesses presence across globe. Besides the encouraging employment scenario, this growth story has created enumerable opportunities for Entrepreneurial Ventures. Hence there is a need for effective Managers, Leaders and Entrepreneurs like never before. A right career move now to take up a career in Management shall become a sure gate pass to progress and prosperity in years to come Thus MBA at the MIT WPU therefore aims to provide specialist training for Managers/Leaders/Entrepreneurs who are seeking a professional career in the industry. It is open to graduates in any discipline with no prior work experience and who are looking for a rewarding employment / entrepreneurial opportunities in Management stream. As an outcome of this Programme , students will gain professional expertise essential to achieve meaningful employment/entrepreneurial opportunities in an industry they are passionate about and which will certainly help them in their career prospects. MIT World Peace University breaths its core ethos of ‘World Peace’ through value added education. Besides attaining Economic development, Management is now effectively being perceived as a tool to achieve prosperity and peace objectives at large. Management function has a power to effectively develop and manage various Financial, Human and Natural Resources thus bringing about business prosperity as well reducing the social and economic gap in the society. Management education helps to build personal skills such as handling conflict, problem solving, and improving communication hence ‘Management’ can be used as an intervention strategy to improve quality of people’s lives. With the above background, the MIT WPU MBA becomes a necessity to develop personal skills as well as to aid in achieving broader objective of World Peace.
- To explore current trends and key concepts in management.
- To enable students to further develop analytical and decision-making skills and to encourage reflective practice.
- To inculcate essential business & management skills that will prepare learners for career across various corporate houses spread across diverse industry.
- To provide a truly engaging and enriching experience to learners.
- To aim for holistic development of the students by inculcating business ethics and values with a broader objective of prorogating the cause of world peace.
- To introduce students to a range of concepts and theories that will enable them to critically analyze Business organizations contexts and functions both nationally and internationally.
- To enable students to recognize, plan and develop appropriate management skills necessary to build a strong network in the industry.
- To help gain meaningful employment and develop Entrepreneurial Ventures.
- To equip the students with requisite knowledge, skills & right attitude necessary to provide effective leadership in a global environment.
- To develop competent management professionals with strong ethical values, capable of assuming a pivotal role in various sectors of the Indian Economy & Society, aligned with the national priorities.
- To develop proactive thinking so as to perform effectively in the dynamic socio-economic and business ecosystem.
- A broad based MBA programme with wider choice of specialization and deeper course basket
- Unique WPU method comprising:
- Global Leadership Programme
- National Study Tour-10 Days
- World Peace Courses
- Rural Immersion Programme-1 Week
- Competency Mapping of every student for better career planning and progression
- Courses taught by Management experts as well as outside industry guest lecturers
- A dedicated last semester for Industry Internship besides Summer Internship Project and Live projects
- A well-recognized Advisory Board of National and International Experts
- Mentoring Programme and Unique Progress Assessment tool of ‘Learning Diary’
- Impeccable career opportunities through Placement support
- Opportunity to be part of organizing team of 3 mega National Events of MIT Group (BCS, NTC & NWP )
In this Programme, You will learn….
MIT Pune: The MBA programme covers a range of core management subjects such as Managerial Communication, Organizational Behaviour, Leadership Lab, Marketing Management, Financial Management, Operations Management, Human Resource Management, Enterprise Performance Management, and Strategic Management etc. In this MBA programme you will learn specialisation specific subjects such as Marketing, Finance, Operations, Human Resource Management, International Business, Information Technology and Entrepreneurship. Students will also be given the opportunity to work on various Live Projects and Research Projects and business assignments.
How will this Programme be taught?
MIT-WPU provides a specialist management programme designed by experienced advisory board. The MBA programme provides the flexibility to allow students to get in depth knowledge of management. Programme also offers opportunities for work-based research and to undertake a company internship to gain invaluable work experience in the industry.
The Pedagogy will include but not limited to current topics, case studies which have impacted the business practices, theory and practical teaching which will provide students hands on experience, industry specific visits to companies and organisations.
Duration of the Programme
2 years Full time
- First 2 semesters (Semester I&II) will be fundamental Management subjects and Semester III onwards students will be studying the courses from the chosen specialization.
- Programme will have Trimester pattern with total 6 semesters spread over 2 years
- Each Semester will have full credit courses and half credit courses and specified value added certifications. Credit system will be choice based.
- Full credit courses are mandatory while each semester students are free to select any 2 half credit courses from the comprehensive course basket offered.
MIT Pune- The MBA programme is a combination of:
- Core Courses (100 Marks each): Full Credit Courses
- Electives Courses (50 Marks each): Half Credit Courses
Total Programme Credits: 96(All courses + SIP+ Internship + WPU courses)
Each student shall select any one specialization after semester II from the following
- Human Resource
- International Business
- Information Technology
8 Guest Lectures per semester from National and International Speakers
Value Added Certifications
Students will be offered value added certifications like Dale Carnegie, Six Sigma, and Digital Marketing etc. to bolster value addition.
Each student will work upon at least 1 live project for a specified course. Thus each student will undertake minimum 2 live projects in the entire programme other than Industry Project.
Summer Internship Project (SIP)
After the semester III, each student will undertake an SIP for a period of 60 days with Industry. After completion of SIP students will rejoin the programme for Semester IV. SIP based report evaluation through a viva voce will be done in Semester IV. SIP will be a full credit subject.
Each student will undertake extensive Industry Internship for the entire semester VI. Students will be assessed for Internship report.
MIT-WPU has its unique, well thought and effective method of Learning and acquiring skills.
Global Leadership Programme
To prepare students for the challenges of the global employment market and to strengthen and develop their broader personal and professional skills, MIT-WPU has developed a unique Global Leaders Programme. The objective of the programme, is to provide practical career workshops and experience in diverse business cultures. The workshops will be more challenging and rewarding, giving you the opportunity manage people, coach and mentor others, and build on your leadership qualities. Additionally, you will still have the opportunity to visit large multi-national organizations.
In order to create graduates who are ready to become global leaders, it is vital that they gain the relevant experience on an international stage. The MIT-WPU Method will give you the opportunity to learn and embrace different cultures from all over the world.
Business and Industry Leaders Talk
An important part of the programme is to meet and hear from current industry leaders and renowned speakers. Throughout the duration of the programme, you will be able to learn from the experiences of current business professionals, leaders, motivators, experts and many more to gain an in-depth understanding of how their business has grown and adapted to issues such as technological advances and globalization.
University Institute collaborations with leading universities across globe. Collaborations will include webinars, expert talks, certifications and understanding research practices.
National Study Tour
Each student will go for National Study Tour. National Study tour will include visiting companies/organisations of prominence to learn from their operations. National Study tour will be of approximately 1 week.
World Peace Courses
MIT Pune: Semester I to Semester V, will have 1 World Peace Course with due credits
Rural Immersion Programme
- Duration: 1 week
- To Sensitize Management students towards realities of rural India by immersing(staying) in the villages
- To Contribute to Rural development especially for activities related to Management/administration
- Organizing events/seminars in rural parts with involvement of local rural youth
- Studying challenges faced in Rural Economic setting and suggesting solutions
Each student will have film appreciation related to Management on a continual basis.
Autobiography and enriching reading
Students will be provided inspiring biographies and books to read and will be asked to share their reviews in group.
Events under MBA
- Corporate events: HR Meet, Brand Conclave
- Intercollegiate: Business Plan and other Management Competitions
- Social Events: Peace Walk
Industry / Subject Experts
Besides in house faculty the above extensive pool of industry and academic experts from Advisory Board are periodically invited for interaction/guest lectures on their subject expertise
A blend of periodic written assessment and Continuous Assessment will be used for better student engagement and effective evaluation
- Components of Assessment are suggested as
- Course Work: 20 % Weight
- Final Semester End Written Exam: 30 % Weight
- Continuous Assessment (by course teacher) : 50 % Weight
- Continuous Assessment (Concurrent Evaluation): A continuous assessment approach in Trimester system (also known as internal assessment) is spread through the duration of course and is done by the course teachers. The continuous assessment provides a feedback on teaching learning process. The feedback after being analyzed is passed on to the concerned student for implementation and subsequent improvement.
Award of Class/Grading system
The Grading system ensures natural classification in qualitative terms rather than quantitative terms since it expresses a range /band of scores to which a learner belongs such as O, A, B, C, D, E& F
Well-equipped state of the art classrooms, seminar hall, conference rooms, computer labs, activity area, sport facilities, Wi-Fi campus
MIT Pune MBA Placement: Students shall get career opportunities across diverse industry sectors for summer as well as final campus Placement
Life @ Campus
- Well-equipped state of the art Classroom
- Accommodation facilities
- Sports Infrastructure
- Student Support
- Social Media Hub
Candidate should be a graduate from any statutory university with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST) at graduation level. Candidates appearing for final year examinations can also apply, but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST) at qualifying examination.