The Smolensk State Medical University
- The Smolensk State Medical University is a government medical college recognized by WHO and all countries of the world including USA, UK and India.
- In the international rating the Smolensk State Medical University is placed on the 22nd position.
- Today the President of the Smolensk State Medical University is Professor V.G.Pleshkov.
- Today the Chancellor of the Smolensk State Medical University is Professor I.V. Otvagin.
- Students from more then 50 countries study here: from India, Germany, Italy, Poland, Sri Lanka and other countries of African, Asian and South American continents.
- For foreign students education is carried out in English medium.
- The Smolensk State Medical University has 8 faculties:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty for Foreign Students
- Faculty of Pharmaceutics
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology and Social Work
- Faculty of Post Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Higher Nursing
- The number of seats in faculty of Medicine per year is 1000, out of which 150 seats are reserved for foreign students.
- There are 65 departments, where 450 highly qualified teachers are working.
- All the above faculties and departments are well equipped with Electronic Microscopes, Bio-Chemical Laboratories, Radio-Isotope Laboratories and lecture halls equipped with Tele-video and multimedia apparatuses.
- There are 31 hospitals working under the Smolensk State Medical University out of them 8 hospitals with about 6000 beds are used for education of students.
- Today this University is a big scientific establishment where fundamental, applied and methodical scientific researches are carried out.
The Medical Faculty is the biggest structural and functional sub-division of the Smolensk State Medical University. The Medical Faculty has 20 big hospitals under it. Modern diagnostics and treatment facilities are available here. Foreign scientists and professors from countries like USA, UK, Germany, Canada and others are invited to read lectures at the Smolensk State Medical University. Medical Degree awarded by this faculty is recognised in all countries including India (Recognised by Medical Council of India).
The Dental Faculty of the Smolensk State Medical University has become one of the leading faculties in Russia for a period of about 50 years of its existence. It has all facilities to produce highly qualified dentists. Dental Degree awarded by this faculty is recognised in all countries including India (Recognised by Dental Council of India).
Faculty for Foreign Students:
This faculty is for giving education to foreign students. At present about 950 foreign students are studying. Out of these 850 students are from India and all of them are studying in English Medium. Out of these 850 Indian students about 300 are girls. Degrees awarded by this faculty is recognised in all countries including India (Recognised by Medical Council of India & Dental Council of India).
Duration of Studies:
Duration of studies for different faculties of the Smolensk State Medical University, Smolensk, Russia is as per the table given below.
|No.||Name of Faculty||Duration of studies|
|1.||Medical in English Medium||6 years|
|2.||Dental in English Medium||5 years|
|3.||Medical in Russian Medium||6 years|
|4.||Dental in Russian Medium||5 years|
|5.||Post graduation in Medicine||2 or 3 years|
|6.||Post graduation in Surgery||2 or 3 years|
|7.||Ph.D. in Medicine or Surgery||3 years|
|8.||Russian Language Course||1 year|
|9.||Short term Russian Language Course||6 months|
- Students seeking admission to faculties with Russian Language medium (No. 3 and 4) will have to undergo one-year compulsory course of Russian Language (No.8).
- Students seeking admission to faculties with Russian Language medium (No.5 to 7) will have to undergo six-month compulsory course in Russian Language. (No.9).
The Smolensk State Medical University is constructed in a campus system i.e. educational buildings, library, mess, hostels, sport complexes, play ground, cultural complexes and park are situated in one campus. The Smolensk State Medical University has its own security surveillance system with its own security guards for the safety of its students and campus.
Over 600000 books written by Russian and foreign authors are available here. The library is connected with the World Med Line System, where all information regarding the latest findings in Medical field are updated. It has three reading halls with a capacity of 200 seats.
There are 4 hostels, which can accommodate more than 2000 students. All the hostels are flat type i.e. with attached bathroom, toilet and kitchen. The hostels are centrally heated. The hostels are fully furnished. The basic system is two students in one room. Separate arrangements for boys and girls.
These are two hostels specially renovated on request and guidelines of Dr. Alok Aeron, who himself is an Indian and knows the cultural, educational and residential requirements of an Indian student studying in Russia. The rules and regulations for residing in these hostels are very strict, again from the cultural system as in any Indian family.
For students who get admission through Cosmos Educational Consultants it is compulsory to live in the hostel.
The system of residence is separate for boys and girls, 2 and 3 seated big rooms, upgraded comforts, central heating, full furniture with beddings, room has a balcony with picturesque view, shower room, toilet, washbasin room, everyday cleaning of rooms, security guards, reception, cleaning and washing personnel, reading rooms, 24 hour medical center, well equipped Gymnasiums with hi-tech machines with personal trainers.
One office complex of Dr. Alok Aeron is situated in one of these hostels itself to facilitate all services to students, so that students do not have to waste their valuable time in various daily life problems. Here all documentation and any problem related with administration, studies, residence or daily life can be taken care of.
An Indian Mess is operating, where 3 Indian cooks are working. A total staff of more than 20 persons is working here including cooks, assistant cooks, waitresses etc. Mess is operating on two systems:
- Indian Pure Vegetarian
- Indian Non-Vegetarian
Food is served two times a day i.e.
High standards of Taste, Quality and Hygiene are maintained here. The timetable of the mess is adjusted in accordance with the educational timetable of the students. (For details please read.
The Cultural center organises cultural programs, in which students of various parts of the world take part. Every year an Indian cultural program is organised in which Indian and Russian students participate and show glimpses of Culture of India.
The sport complex consists of a playground, a well-equipped gymnasium, two big sport halls, swimming pool with sauna bath and two shooting galleries, which can be used by all sport enthusiasts. The Smolensk State Medical University has its own skiing base.
!! Seats are limited. Hurry up !!!
Our Offices Locations : We are based In PUNE / INDORE / NOIDA & BANGALORE