KEMPEGOWDA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (KIMS) BANGALORE
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Bangalore was established by the Vakkaligara Sangha in the year 1980. The Vokkaligara Sangha was founded in the year 1906 for promoting education predominantly among the aspirantsof agricultural community. The Sangha was running a “Vokkalligara Hostel” for 60 years to help the rural students coming for education to Bangalore. The motto of the Sanghais “Sathath Seva Thataparate” means “always devoted to the service”. It also proclaims the goal for every KIMS Graduate.The College is recognized by The Medical Council of India. It is affiliated to The Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore. It is also recognized by General Medical Council, U K, World Health Organization, and The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, London. The college expects and endeavors to channel its efforts towards grooming its graduates who usher the value based professional knowledge. The instituteaims at producingprofessionals imbibed with personal integrity, sense of responsibility, dependability and ability to relate to or show concern for other individuals. They should like to work as a leading partner in health care teams, gear up to meet to the health needs of victims of natural calamities in emergent situations. The Sangha has many institutions under its wings such as Arts Science Commerceand Law colleges including an evening College, apart from an Engineering college, Pharmaceutical Science college, Dental college, Nursing college Physiotherapy College and High schools too.
For Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Fee Structure
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Bangalore is housed in two buildings, one the old building on K R road and the new building in Banshankari. The massive new college building is the testimony of the strength of the Sangha. The new college building houses boys and ladies hostels. It has a vast open space in front of the main college building. The college has roped in a number of Hospitals from public and private domain for teaching purpose, like NIMHAS and its own hospital in V V Puram apart from a few Government run Hospitals like Jayadeva. Direct admission through Govt. of Karnataka conducted entrance examination CET for Government allotted as per category seat matrix, for management quota, as per the rank obtained in the entrance examination conducted by the managements of private colleges. NRI quota and management quota will also be there, enquiries for the availability of seats and fees structure can be made directly with the college authorities.
A pass in 10+2 qualifying examination from a recognized Board/University with a minimum 50% of marks in aggregate and Physics Chemistry and Biology as the compulsory subjects. The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Undergraduate Courses :
Post-graduation Courses:M D in the following specializations
7. Forensic Medicine
8. Community Medicine
12. Radio Diagnosis
15. Emergency Medicine
M S in the following specializations
1. General Surgery
Post Graduate Diploma
[Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, and Recognized by Medical Council of India, New Delhi]
Banashankari 2nd stage Bangalore-560 070
Phone: 91-80-26712791, 26712792; Fax: 91-80-26712798 , E-mail: email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org
KEMPEGOWDA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) was established in 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangha.
The Vokkaligara Sangha took a formal decision on 2nd September, 1979 to start a medical college from the year 1980–81 and applied for permission to the registrar, Bangalore University.
On 30th November, 1980 the Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri. R Gundu Rao laid the foundation stone of the Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital in the premises of the Sangha and announced the grant of vacant land in Banashankari to be used for the construction of college building and hostels. Thereafter, the Sangha appointed Dr M Basavaraju, professor of Physiology as the principal on 1st January, 1981 and other staff by March 1981 and classes were started regularly from 16 March, 1981. Since then 16th March is observed every year as KIMS Day.
The Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the Institute was held in 2006. A magnificent college building to mark the centenary celebrations of the Vokkaligara Sangha and the Silver Jubilee of KIMS has been built at the Banashankari Campus.
|Under Graduate Program|
|Post Graduate (MD/MS) Programs|
|MD Anatomy||MD Physiology|
|MD Biochemistry||MD Pharmacology|
|MD Pathology||MD Microbiology|
|MD Forensic Medicine||MD Community Medicine|
|MD Medicine||MD Paediatrics|
|MD Dermatology||MD Radio Diagnosis|
|MD Anaesthesiology||MD Psychiatry|
|MD Emergency Medicine||MS General Surgery|
|MS OBG||MS Ophthalmology|
|MS ENT||MS Orthopaedics|
|Post Graduate (Diploma) Programs|
|DA (Anaesthesiology)||DCP (Pathology)|
|DCH (Paediatrics)||DGO (O.B.G)|
|DOMS (Ophthalmology)||D.Ortho (Orthopaedics)|
|DLO (ENT)||DMRD (Radio Diagnosis)|
|Under Graduate Program|
|Post Graduate (MD/MS) Programs|
|Forensic Medicine||04||Community Medicine||06|
|Emergency Medicine||02||General Surgery||05|
|Post Graduate (Diploma) Programs|
Candidates seeking for Admission in KIMS Medical College for Under Graduate Courses must have to Appeared the Entrance Test conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and COMEDK.
- The candidates should have passed the two years P.U.C examination conducted by the P.U Education Board, Karnataka State, with Physics, Chemistry & Biology as optional subjects; or any other examination recognised as equivalent to it by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. OR The candidates should have passed the B.Sc examination of Bangalore University or any other statutory University provided he/she has passed the B.Sc examination with not less than three of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology.
- The Candidates should have secured not less than 50% of the total marks in Science subjects taken altogether at the qualifying examination & CET/COMED-K. However the OBC-3A category and SC/ST students of Karnataka are required to secure 40% of the total marks.
- The Candidate should have completed seventeen years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Foreign students desiring admission should produce:
- A No Objection Certificate from the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- An eligibility Certificate from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Student Visa.
- Residential Certificate.
- The Selection is based on the Common Entrance Test (CET), conducted once a year by the Karnataka Government or COMED-K conducted by Consortium of Pvt Medical Colleges of Karnataka once a year for all the students from the state & country seeking admission into the course.
- Among the total number of seats available i.e 150, 40% (60seats) will be filled by the CET examination results for the domicile of Karnataka only. 40% (60 seats) will be filled by the examination results of COMED-K Examination. Both the above admissions will be entirely on merit basis. Of the remaining 15% (22 seats) will be for the N.R.I students and others and 5% (8 seats) will be for institutional preference.
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Admission Process, Fees and Medical Seats
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore
Kempegowda Medical College Bangalore (KIMS Bangalore) is one of the most preferred private medical colleges in Karnataka. This private medical college was established in the year 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangha. It’s a well-established institute providing quality medical education for medical aspirants.
KIMS Bangalore Recognition and Affiliation
KIMS Bangalore, a private medical college in Karnataka, is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore. This private medical college is recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Courses Offered
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore is one of the most sought-after private medical colleges in Karnataka offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses for medical aspirants.
The under-graduate course offered at KIMS Bangalore is MBBS.
The post graduate courses offered at Kempegowda Medical College Bangalore are:
MD (Doctor of Medicine): Radio Diagnosis/Radiology, Emergency Medicine, Anaesthesiology, Bio-Chemistry, Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, General Medicine, Microbiology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatry, Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine.
MS (Master of Surgery): E.N.T, General Surgery, Orthopaedics.
MD / MS: Anatomy, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics & Gynecology.
PG Diploma: Anesthesia, Child Health, Clinical Pathology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Radio-Diagnosis, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics.
KIMS Bangalore Admission Process
The complete Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences admission process for undergraduate and postgraduate courses is mentioned below.
MBBS Admission Process
KIMS Bangalore Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission
- For admission to MBBS Course at Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore, affiliated to RGUHS Bangalore, candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in the PCB group (40% in the case of SC / ST candidates).
- The candidate must have passed in English as a compulsory subject.
- The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years on or before the year of MBBS admission.
KIMS Bangalore MBBS Entrance Exam
- Candidates seeking MBBS admission at KIMS Bangalore must qualify in NEET UG (National Eligibility Entrance Test).
- Qualified candidates shall be called for MBBS admission counselling, conducted by COMEDK, in the order of merit.
- Based on the availability of seats, candidates will be allotted MBBS seat at Kempegowda Medical College Bangalore.
KIMS Bangalore Eligibility Criteria for MD/MS/Diploma Admission
- For admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Course at KIMS Bangalore, affiliated to RGUHS Bangalore, candidate must have obtained MBBS degree from MCI recognized institution.
- Candidates seeking admission at one of the top 5 private medical colleges in Karnataka, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore, must have completed one year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final professional examination.
KIMS Bangalore PG Medical/Diploma Entrance Exam
- Candidates seeking MD/MS/PG Diploma admission KIMS Bangalore must qualify in PG medical entrance exam.
- Qualified candidates shall be called for MD/MS/PG Diploma admission counselling in the order of merit.
- Based on the availability of medical seats, candidates will be allotted a MD/MS/PG Diploma seat.
Kempegowda Medical College Entrance Exam Coaching
To secure a merit seat at Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore, one needs to qualify in the competitive entrance exam – NEET. Expert guidance is very essential to stay in the right mode of exam preparation. Hence, exam coaching is the wise decision to make as it helps aspirants seeking medical admission to crack the competitive entrance exam in the best possible way. There are many exam coaching institutes which provide complete guidance, study materials and organize mock tests to train you in qualifying National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET).