Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad is one of the oldest medical colleges was founded in the year 1984. Krishna Medical College Karad “Deemed To Be University” is not only a focal point for education but also a hub for research activities.
The College is popularly known as KIMS Karad. The College is Affiliated with Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University (Deemed), Karad and Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
We are going to share all the essential details about KIMS Karad Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
KIMS Karad – Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad
College Brief – Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the College details of Krishna Medical College Karad.
|Name of Institute||Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad|
|Popular Name||KIMS Karad, Krishna Medical College Karad|
|Year of Establishment||1984|
|Affiliated to||Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University (Deemed), Karad|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD/MS|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical College in Maharashtra|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University (Deemed), Karad
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status: Private
Courses Offered – Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad
KIMS Karad provides an MBBS course for Medical Students which have Intakes capacity of 82 Seats.
KIMS Karad provides an MD/MS/M.sc course for Medical Students which have Intakes capacity of 148 Seats.
|MS General Surgery||10||3 Years|
|MS Orthopedics||4||3 Years|
|MD General Medicine||13||3 Years|
|MD Pediatrics||6||3 Years|
|MS Obs./Gyn.||7||3 Years|
|MD Radiology||4||3 Years|
|MD Anesthesia||6||3 Years|
|MS ENT||2||3 Years|
|MS Ophthalmology||4||3 Years|
|MD Dermatology||2||3 Years|
|MD Pharmacology||4||3 Years|
|MD Microbiology||1||3 Years|
|MD Community Medicine (PSM)||2||3 Years|
|MD Pathology||8||3 Years|
|MD Anatomy||3||3 Years|
|MD Physiology||1||3 Years|
|MD Biochemistry||2||3 Years|
|2.||Ph.D. Community Medicine|
|8.||Ph.D. Child Health Nursing|
|9.||Ph.D. Community Health Nursing|
|10.||Ph.D. Obstetric & Gynecology Nursing|
|11.||Ph.D. Medical Surgical Nursing|
Admission Process – Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidates can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidates can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
Eligibility Criteria – Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
Fee Structure – Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad
|Annual Fees for Candidates||General Quota||NRI Quota||Minority Quota|
|Consolidated Amount to be Paid at the time of Admission||Tuition fees||Rs 22,00,000/-||$ 59,000||Nil|
|Eligibility fees (One time)||Rs 1,00,000/-||Rs 1,00,000/-||Nil|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||Rs 50,000/-||Rs 50,000/-||Nil|
|Annual Hostel Dues||Hostel Fees – Rs 70,000/-Hostel Deposit (Refundable) – 25,000/-|
|Course||Fees for General Category (85% of total seats)|
|General Surgery||Rs. 24,00,000/-|
NEET Cutoff – Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. The merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET UG Cutoff 2020
To take admission in all India medical colleges for UG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||720-147|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||146-113|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||146-113|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||146-113|
Category wise No. of Candidates qualifying the test, based on qualifying criteria of NEET (UG)-2021
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates||Marks Range||No. of Candidates|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||133-120||266||146-129||99|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||142||128-113||233|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||32||128-113||70|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||14||128-113||18|
NEET Cutoff scores – 2020 vs 2019
|Category||Cutoff percentile||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
KIMS Karad Cutoff 2019
|Category||Cut-off by rank|
|Economically Weaker Section||269096|
UG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2020
|Category||Old cutoff percentile||Old Cutoff score (out of 1200)||Revised cutoff percentile||Revised Cutoff (out of 1200)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||366||30th percentile||275|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th percentile||319||20th percentile||230|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||342||25th percentile||252|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||319||20th percentile||230|
PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria
||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
Maharashtra NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 Maharashtra State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Maharashtra NEET 2021 Counselling schedule.
NEET Maharashtra 2021 Counselling Procedure
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2021 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Maharashtra must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.