IQ City Medical College Burdwan is one of the prestigious medical colleges in Burdwan state of West Bengal was founded in the year 2013.
The College is famous for Excellent residence space. IQ City is a 100 acres integrated township with 88% open space among which a spectacular 53% is an expanse of greenery. It was affiliated with West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata and Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
The College has been permitted by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. Of India, dated 15th December 2015, to admit 150 students for MBBS course in the academic year 2016-2017.
IQ-City Medical College Burdwan
College Summary – IQ City Medical College
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of the IQ-City Medical College, Burdwan.
|Name of Institute||IQ-City Medical College Burdwan|
|Popular Name||IQ City Medical College Burdwan|
|Location||Durgapur, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||2013|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD/MS|
|Category||Medical College in West Bengal|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about IQ City Medical College Burdwan Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Private Medical College.
Courses Offered – IQ City Medical College
The College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified Faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
IQ City Medical College Burdwan provides quality of education and offers the following UG course.
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||150||4.6 Years+ 1 Year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you about IQ City Medical College Burdwan MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
NEET UG Important Link
|NEET UG Notification||Click Here|
|NEET UG Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|NEET UG Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|NEET UG Result||Click Here|
|NEET UG Syllabus||Click Here|
|NEET UG Admit Card||Click Here|
|NEET UG Cut-Off||Click Here|
|NEET UG Counselling||Click Here|
|NEET UG Seat Matrix||Click Here|
NBMC Darjeeling provides quality of education and offers the following PG courses duration of 3 Years.
|Subject||State Quota||Management Quota|
|Anatomy||02 (Open OA=1, In Service=1)||01|
|Microbiology||01 (Open OA)||02|
|Physiology||02 (Open SC=1, In Service=1)||01|
|Community Medicine||02 (Open OB=1, In Service=1)||01|
|Pharmacology||01 (Open SC)||02|
|Pathology||01 (In Service)||02|
NEET PG Important Link
|NEET PG Notification||Click Here|
|NEET PG Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|NEET PG Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|NEET PG Syllabus||Click Here|
|NEET PG Admit Card||Click Here|
|NEET PG Cutoff||Click Here|
|NEET PG Counselling||Click Here|
|NEET PG Seat Matrix||Click Here|
Admission Process – IQ City Medical College
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
Eligibility Criteria – IQ City Medical College
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
Fee Structure – IQ City Medical College
The fees structure of The IQ City Medical College Burdwan for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
UG Courses Fees
|Seat Information||Total Seat||Admission fees (Rs)||Caution deposit (Rs)||Tuition fees (Rs) per semester||Total fees to be paid on admission (Rs)||Fees to be refunded on upgradation (Rs)||Bank Guarantee amount for discontinuation (Rs)|
|WB State Quota seats||50||50,000||15,000||1,58,000||2,23,000||1,73,000||12,64,000|
|Management Quota seats||77||1,00,000||15,000||6,34,000||7,49,000||6,49,000||50,72,000|
|NRI Quota seats||23||USD 1,70,000 to be paid at the time of admission|
Separate Demand Draft for refundable and non-refundable, components to be brought as follows:
(a) State Govt Seat: Rs. 50,000/- (Non-Refundable) and Rs. 1,73,000/- (Refundable)
(b) Management Quota Seats: Rs. 1,00,000/- (Non-Refundable) and Rs. 6,49,000/- (Refundable)
PG Courses Fees
|State Quota||RS. 1,58,00/-|
|Single Seater AC||Single Seater Non AC||Double Seater AC||Double Seater Non AC||Tripple Seater AC||Tripple Seater Non AC|
|Hostel Fees Room wise (per annum) (to be paid at the time joining of the hostel)||Rs 1,32,000/-||Rs 96,000/-||Rs 1,08,000/-||Rs 84,000/-||Rs 96,000/-||Rs 66,000/-|
|Mess Fees Per Annum||Rs 72,000/- (Breakfast-Lunch-Evening Snacks-Dinner)|
|Hostel Registration Fees (One Time) :||Rs. 15,000/- (to be paid at the time of booking of Hostel Accommodation)|
|Hostel Caution Money(Refundable):||Rs. 10,000/- (One Time)|
Sports and Cultural Fees (One time): Rs. 10,000/- (Refundable if candidate upgraded during Counselling)
NEET Cutoff – IQ City Medical College
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET UG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for UG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET Cutoff scores – 2021 vs 2020 vs 2019
|Category||2021 Cutoff (Expected)||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||160-130||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||140-110||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||135-110||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||130-110||128-113||119-107|
Note: 2021 Cutoff is not yet released by the official website. We have just expected the NEET 2021 cutoff based on the past database.
UG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||NEET PG cut off percentile||NEET cut off scores 2020||Cutoff scores 2019|
|Unreserved – PH||45th||342||317|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th||319||295|
PG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
West Bengal NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare West Bengal to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 West Bengal State Counselling.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for West Bengal NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2021 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in West Bengal must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.