Kasturba Medical College Manipal is one of the largest self-financed and famous medical colleges India established in the year of 1953.
KMC Manipal is the oldest private medical colleges in Karnataka.
Kasturba Medical College Manipal
College Brief – Kasturba Medical College Manipal
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the College details of KMC Manipal
|Name of Institute||Kasturba Medical College Manipal|
|Popular Name||KMC Manipal|
|Year of Establishment||1953|
|Affiliated to||Manipal Academy of Higher Education (Deemed University), Manipal|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical College in Karnataka|
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Manipal Academy of Higher Education (Deemed University), Manipal
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India.
- Aid Status: Private
Course Offered – Kasturba Medical College Manipal
The Student applying for Kasturba Medical College Manipal medical college must have a look at the courses offered along with the intake and course duration.
|MBBS||4 ½ Years+1 Year Internship|
|MD/MS – Obstetrtics & Gynaecology||9||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||6||3 Years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3||3 Years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||15||3 Years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||17||3 Years|
|MD – General Medicine||24||3 Years|
|MD – Physiology||3||3 Years|
|MD – Psychiatry||3||3 Years|
|DM – Neurology||2||3 Years|
|M.Ch – Neuro Surgery||2||3 Years|
|M.Ch – Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery||6||3 Years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||18||3 Years|
|M.Ch – Paediatric Surgery||1||3 Years|
|MD – Radiotherapy||3||3 Years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||4||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||7||3 Years|
|MS – ENT||4||3 Years|
|MS – General Surgery||8||3 Years|
|M.Ch – Cardio-Thoracic Surgery||1||3 Years|
|DM – Cardiology||4||3 Years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||4||3 Years|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3||3 Years|
|MD – Hospital Administration||3||3 Years|
|MD – Microbiology||4||3 Years|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||6||3 Years|
|MD – Paediatrics||10||3 Years|
|MD – Pharmacology||8||3 Years|
|DM – Medical Genetics||2||3 Years|
|MD – Emergency Medicine||3||3 Years|
|DM – Nephrology||2||3 Years|
|MD – Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2||3 Years|
|DM – Gastroenterology||1||3 Years|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||2||3 Years|
Admission Process – Kasturba Medical College Manipal
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidates can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidates can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
Eligibility Criteria – Kasturba Medical College Manipal
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
Fee Structure – Kasturba Medical College Manipal
Fee structure of MBBS Courses at KMC Manipal for 2020 General Category Course Fees.
|TOTAL YEAR WISE||₹14.4 LAKHS||₹14.3 LAKHS||₹14.3 LAKHS||₹14.3 LAKHS||₹7.15 LAKHS|
Fee structure of PG Courses at KMC Manipal for 2020 General Category Course Fees.
(For General Category)
(For NRI Category)
|Caution Deposit (INR)||Caution Deposit (USD)|
|MD Anatomy||4,85,000||23000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Biochemistry||4,85,000||23000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Physiology||4,85,000||23000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Community Medicine||12,50,000||23000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||4,85,000||23000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Microbiology||14,00,000||42000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Pathology||19,50,000||42000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Pharmacology||12,00,000||23000 USD||10000||200|
|MD General Medicine||19,00,000||54000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Dermatology||19,00,000||54000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Paediatrics||24,00,000||65000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Radiodiagnosis||28,00,000||80000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Respiratory Medicine||18,00,000||54000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Radiotherapy||18,00,000||54000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Anaesthesiology||18,00,000||54000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Psychiatry||18,00,000||54000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Hospital Administration||17,00,000||42000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Immuno Haematology||18,00,000||54000 USD||10000||200|
|MS General Surgery||21,00,000||59000 USD||10000||200|
|MS Oto-Rhino-Laryngology (ENT)||21,00,000||59000 USD||10000||200|
|MS Obstetrics & Gynaecology||21,00,000||59000 USD||10000||200|
|MS Ophthalmology||21,00,000||59000 USD||10000||200|
|MS Orthopaedics||24,00,000||65000 USD||10000||200|
|MD Emergency Medicine||24,00,000||–||10000||200|
|Diploma in Child Health (DCH)||17,00,000||49000 USD||10000||200|
|Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (DGO)||15,00,000||49000 USD||10000||200|
|Diploma in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology (DLO)||14,00,000||49000 USD||10000||200|
|Diploma in Ophthalmology (DO)||14,00,000||49000 USD||10000||200|
|Diploma in Dermatology Venerology & Leprosy (DDVL)||14,00,000||49000 USD||10000||200|
|Diploma in Psychiatry (DPM)||14,00,000||49000 USD||10000||200|
PG Pre/Para/Clinical Course Fees
|Pre/Para/Clinical||Subject||Government (G)||Private (P)||NRI (N)||Other (O)|
|Pre Clinical||M.D. Anatomy||495000||0||0||0|
|Pre Clinical||M.D. Physiology||495000||0||0||0|
|Pre Clinical||M.D. Biochemistry||495000||0||0||0|
|Para Clinical||M.D. Pharmacology||1210000||0||0||0|
|Para Clinical||M.D. Pathology||1960000||0||0||0|
|Clinical||M.D. General Medicine||1910000||0||0||0|
|Clinical||M.D. Radio Diagnosis||2810000||0||0||0|
|Clinical||M.D Emergency Medicine||2410000||0||0||0|
|Clinical||M.D Immuno Haemotology||1810000||0||0||0|
- INR 1,23,600/-(Annual)
NEET 2019 Cutoff – Kasturba Medical College Manipal
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. The merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET UG 2021 Cutoff
Candidates can check the for NEET 2021 cutoff which is released by NTA on 16th of October:
Category wise No. of Candidates qualifying the test, based on qualifying criteria of NEET (UG)-2020
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates||Marks Range||No. of Candidates|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||133-120||266||146-129||99|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||142||128-113||233|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||32||128-113||70|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||14||128-113||18|
NEET Cutoff scores – 2020 vs 2019
|Category||Cutoff percentile||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET Cutoff 2020
|Category||Old cutoff percentile||Old cutoff scores||Revised cutoff percentile||Revised cutoff
|General – PwD||45th||342||25th||252|
|SC/ST/OBC – PwD||40th||319||20th||230|
NEET PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria
||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
NEET UG Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
Karnataka NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Karnataka Education Authority to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 Karnataka State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Karnataka NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Karnataka NEET 2021 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Uttar Pradesh NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2021 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)