KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore (KSHEMA Mangalore) is one of the famous medical colleges established in 1999 managed and run by Nitte Education Trust.
The medical institute is popularly known as KSHEMA Mangalore, located at Mangalore Karnataka.
We are going to share all the essential details about KS Hegde Medical College Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
KS Hegde Medical College
College Brief – KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore
|Name of Institute||K. S Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore|
|Popular Name||KS Hegde Medical College, KSHEMA Mangalore|
|Year of Establishment||1999|
|Affiliated||NITTE (Deemed to be University)|
|Approved||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical College in Karnataka|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
Approved by:- Medical Council Of India
Aid Status:- Private
Course Offered – KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore
|MBBS||150||4.6+ 1 year Internship|
PG/Super spec. Courses
|PG/Super spec. Courses||Intake||Duration|
|M.ch (Urology)||01||3 years|
|PG/Super spec. Courses||Intake||Duration|
|MD – Paediatrics||9||3 years|
|MS – General Surgery||12||3 years|
|MD – General Medicine||17||3 years|
|MD – Pulmonary Medicine||2||3 years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||16||3 years|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||8||3 years|
|MS – Ophthalmology||6||3 years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrtics & Gynaecology||6||3 years|
|MS – Otorhinolaryngology||8||3 years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||9||3 years|
|M.Ch – Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery||1||3 years|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||4||3 years|
|MD – Psychiatry||5||3 years|
|MD – Pharmacology||5||3 years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||4||3 years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||5||3 years|
|MD – Microbiology||3||3 years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3||3 years|
|MD – Pathology||5||3 years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||5||3 years|
|MD – Physiology||4||3 years|
Admission Process – KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
Eligibility Criteria – KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Candidate must have graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
Fee Structure – KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore
|Uni.& Other Fees||6,500/-|
|Total fee ( 1st year||14,41,500/-|
|Uni.& Other Fees||300 (US Dollars)|
|Tuition fee||43100 (US Dollars)|
|Total fee ( 1st year||43400 (US Dollars)|
|2nd year||43100 (US Dollars)|
|3rd year||43100 (US Dollars)|
|4th year||43100 (US Dollars)|
|5th year||21600 (US Dollars)|
*Amount to be paid at the time of Admission (Rs): 14,41,000/-
- 8,000/-(Per month)
|Courses||Univ. fee||Tuition Fee||Total fee
|II year fee (in Rs.)||III year fee (in Rs.)||Total course fee (in Rs.)|
|MD (Anatomy, Physiology, Bio-Chemistry)||8000||500000||508000||500000||500000||1508000|
|MD (Pharmacology, Community Med., Forensic)||8000||500000||508000||500000||500000||1508000|
|MD (Psychiatry, Anaesthesiology)||8000||1800000||1808000||1800000||1800000||5408000|
|MD (General Medicine)||8000||2400000||2408000||2400000||2400000||7208000|
|MS (Ophthalmology, ENT, OBG, General Surgery)||8000||2400000||2408000||2400000||2400000||7208000|
|MD (Radiology, Paediatrics, Dermatology)||8000||2800000||2808000||2800000||2800000||8408000|
|MDS (Oral Medicine)||8000||300000||308000||300000||300000||908000|
|MDS (Oral Pathology)||8000||200000||208000||200000||200000||608000|
PG Pre/Para/Clinical Course Fees
|Sl. No.||Pre/Para/Clinical||Subject||Government (G)||Private (P)||NRI (N)||Other (O)|
|1||Pre Clinical||M.D. Anatomy||72738||0||0||0|
|2||Pre Clinical||M.D. Physiology||72738||0||0||0|
|3||Pre Clinical||M.D. Biochemistry||72738||0||0||0|
|4||Para Clinical||M.D. Pharmacology||145475||0||0||0|
|5||Para Clinical||M.D. Community Medicine||145475||0||0||0|
|6||Para Clinical||M.D. Forensic Medicine||145475||0||0||0|
|7||Clinical||M.D. General Medicine||581900||0||0||0|
|9||Clinical||M.S. General Surgery||581900||0||0||0|
NEET Cutoff – KS Hegde Medical Academy Mangalore
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. The merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET UG 2021 Cutoff
Candidates can check the NEET 2021 cutoff which is released by NTA on the 16th of October:
Category wise No. of Candidates qualifying the test, based on qualifying criteria of NEET (UG)-2020
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates||Marks Range||No. of Candidates|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||133-120||266||146-129||99|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||142||128-113||233|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||32||128-113||70|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||119-107||14||128-113||18|
NEET Cutoff scores – 2020 vs 2019
|Category||Cutoff percentile||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||128-113||119-107|
NEET PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria
||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
KSHEMA Mangalore UG Cutoff (2018)
|SNo||Category||CutOff Rank||Allotted Seats||Course|
NEET UG Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
Karnataka NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Karnataka Education Authority to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 Karnataka State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Karnataka NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Karnataka NEET 2021 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Uttar Pradesh NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2021 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)